Historic Homes Tour 2017 - Tour Day Info
September 16, 2017 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- 328 W. Mountain Ave. | 1879 Avery House
- 601 W. Mountain Ave. | 1890 - The Aaron Kitchel House
- 417 S. Whitcomb St. | 1905 - The Lambert House
- 120 S. Grant Ave. | 1920 - The Pinkerton House
- 805 Smith St. | 2008 - The Carlson House
- 504 Smith St. | 1908 - The Meyer House
- 2540 LaPorte Ave. | Poudre Community Academy -- Shuttle Parking for 218 S. Overland Trail house
- 2005 N. Overland Trail | 1883 Fort Collins Water Works
tour day details
Getting your tour booklet/ticket:
• On tour day, please present your Eventbrite receipt at the Avery House (328 W. Mountain Ave.) to receive your ticket booklet, which has a tour map.
Parking & Transportation:
• Parking is very limited, so we suggest you consider riding the trolley to visit the homes adjacent Mountain Avenue, and the shuttle to get to House #5 on Overland Trail.
• A shuttle is available to House #5 Overland Trail farm property, courtesy of Dellenbach motors. The shuttle ride is less than a mile long each direction. Please park at the Poudre Community Academy at 2540 LaPorte Ave. to ride the shuttle.
• Historic Homes Tour ticket holders may ride the Municipal Railway Trolley free on tour day, 10 am to 4 pm. The trolley runs up and down Mountain Ave. PLF extends our thanks to the Fort Collins Municipal Railway Society for this courtesy.
• The Trattoria Oreganata food truck will be stationed at the Avery House during the tour. The truck sells authentic Italian food, with some creative twists using local, fresh ingredients. Stop by to purchase lunch or a snack.
• The tour is self-guided, and at each location, there are knowledgeable docents who will guide you through the home or building at your own pace. You can tour the locations in any order.
• Additional tickets may be purchased at any tour venue on tour day for $30.
• No restrooms are available at private tour home sites. A restroom accessible by persons with disabilities is available at the Avery Carriage House, 108 N. Meldrum Street. A port-a-potty is available at the 1883 Water Works.