Big Splash at the Water Works
Saturday, June 10, 2017
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Poudre Landmarks Foundation invites the public to its annual Big Splash at the 1883 Fort Collins Water Works on Saturday, June 10, 2017, at 2005 N. Overland Trail. This free event is a Fort Collins favorite that offers fun for all ages. Take a journey into the past and discover how this facility began delivering our most precious resource to an eager town in 1883.
Sponsored by Poudre Landmarks Foundation, which oversees ongoing restoration of this regional water interpretive center, the event includes:
- Tours of the historic buildings
- Bucket brigade, fire engine, and history booth from Poudre Fire Authority
- Water trivia games and activities from the City of Fort Collins
- Blacksmithing demonstration
- Gold panning
- Food truck (in 2017, the truck is The Rollin' Stone Wood Fired Pizzeria!)
- and more!
Commemorating the month the facility first delivered water to Fort Collins in June 1883, the Big Splash event is free to the public. Donations are welcome and go toward the nonprofit Poudre Landmarks Foundation’s mission to preserve, restore, protect, and interpret the architectural and cultural heritage of the Fort Collins area.
Extra bike racks will be available for visitors who stop by while enjoying Fort Collins’ many bike trails.