What is the Poudre Landmarks Foundation?
Poudre Landmarks Foundation's mission is to preserve, restore, protect, and interpret the architectural and cultural heritage of the Fort Collins area. PLF accomplishes this mission through the care and management of Historic Landmark sites owned by the City of Fort Collins, and by providing educational programs and events focused on early life in Fort Collins
Properties we manage
The Avery House
The Avery House was built in 1879. It served as the family home of Franklin and Sara Avery and their three children. The home was built of sandstone from local quarries and includes a carriage house, large yard, gazebo, and fountain. It is located at 328 W. Mountain Avenue in Old Town Fort Collins and serves as a museum honoring life at the turn of the 19th century. Open each Saturday & Sunday, 1–4 p.m.
1883 Fort Collins Water Works
The Water Works facility at 2005 N. Overland Trail was constructed in 1882–83 to provide the growing town of Fort Collins with an adequate supply of water for fighting the building fires that plagued the early township. The facility is located at the western edge of Fort Collins on a 23-acre site that also features a portion of the Cherokee and Overland trails that led gold seekers, emigrants, and outlaws through the western frontier.