Save the Date! 34th Annual Historic Homes Tour
The 34th Annual Historic Homes Tour is Saturday, September 15, 2018. Save the Date! Enjoy a walking tour of historic homes in Old Town Fort Collins via shuttle and trolley, and enjoy docent guided viewing of gardens, architecture, and history!
Thanks for joining us for our
33rd Annual Historic Homes Tour
Guests took a step back in time with us in Fort Collins on Saturday, Sept. 16th to walk through 8 historic homes -- 6 private and 2 city-owned properties. They saw original architecture & woodwork dating back to 1879 highlighted by modern renovations in these Victorian, Craftsman, Cottage, and National style homes.
The 2017 tour showcased Old Town Fort Collins historic homes built between 1879 and 1920, and one home built in 2008 with the spirit of old town in mind. Each private house has been maintained by their owners to match the era and architecture of the home. Guests visited homes and traveled between tour properties at their own pace.
read more about the 2017 tour homes
Photos from the 2017 Historic Homes Tour
Photos & Details from the 2016 Historic Homes Tour
Here are details and photos from the 2016 tour:
- See detailed information about each building on the 2016 tour
- See photos from the 2016 tour
- Tour-related lecture: Architectural Darwinism — Separately ticketed lecture held on Sept. 8, 2016, 7–8:30 p.m. Plans are to hold a similar lecture in 2017. We sold out of seats in 2015 and 2016, and with the increasing interest, we will look for a bigger venue to accommodate this event in 2017.
The 2016 tour gave visitors a look inside six historic Old Town Fort Collins homes, the 1879 Avery House, and the 1883 Water Works. The Historic Homes Tour is self-guided, and at each location, there are knowledgeable docents who guide you through the home or building at your own pace. You can tour the locations in any order.
In 2016, we had a food truck selling refreshments at the Avery House during the tour. The Trattoria Oreganata food truck was a tasty hit among tour goers, and the truck sold out of all its food!
Tickets for the 2017 tour will be available online and at several local outlets approximately one month before the tour. Here are the local outlets that have sold tickets in the past and will likely sell them again in 2017:
- Ace Hardware of Fort Collins, 1001 E. Harmony Rd.
- The Cupboard, 152 S. College Ave.
- Downtown Ace Hardware, 215 S. College Ave.
- Fort Collins Nursery, 2121 E. Mulberry St.
- Josephs’ Hardware & Home Center, 2160 W. Drake Rd.
- Perennial Gardener/Sense of Place, 154 N. College Ave.
- Avery House (open 1-4 p.m., Sat. and Sun.), 328 W. Mountain Ave.
Proceeds from the Historic Homes Tour go toward the nonprofit Poudre Landmarks Foundation's mission to preserve, restore, protect, and interpret the architectural and cultural heritage of the Fort Collins area.
Poudre Landmarks Foundation thanks the generous sponsors whose support helps make the Historic Homes Tour possible. Please give your support to these sponsors' businesses, which contribute so much to Fort Collins' uniqueness.